Grisel Alonso, Esq. is the founder of Grisel Alonso and Associates, LLC, a boutique firm providing specialized and cost-effective fiduciary services. Ms. Alonso is an experienced fiduciary and attorney who acts as a court-appointed receiver in both Federal and State courts. She also serves as court-appointed Federal Equity Receiver and has served as Assignee in Assignments for the Benefit of Creditors. Prior to founding the firm, Ms. Alonso served as Director of Receivership and Fiduciary Services at Michael Moecker & Associates, Inc.
Ms. Alonso has vast experience in complex financial litigation, specializing in cases involving fraudulent transfers, Ponzi schemes, insolvency, liquidation, and related litigation. Ms. Alonso served for more than twenty-six years as an Assistant United States Attorney, U.S. Attorney’s Office, Southern District of Florida, U.S. Department of Justice, where she played a leading role in some of the most notable bankruptcy cases in South Florida. She is best known for her key role in recovering funds stolen by convicted former U.S. Trustee panelist Marika Tolz and for representing the Government’s interests in a myriad of federal civil litigation and bankruptcy proceedings against convicted Ft. Lauderdale attorney Scott Rothstein’s now defunct law firm. She represented a variety of federal agencies (CFTC, FTC, SEC, IRS, SBA) in seeking enforced collection of civil judgments, orders of restitution and forfeiture, criminal fines and penalties. Ms. Alonso has practiced extensively in federal, bankruptcy and state courts.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Received numerous awards and commendations from the U.S. Department of Justice, the Attorney General and federal agencies for outstanding and superior performance as an Assistant United States Attorney
- Recognized as a Top Government Attorney in The South Florida Legal Guide
- University of Miami School of Law, Juris Doctor degree
- University of Miami, Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology, with honors
BAR MEMBERSHIPS & JURISDICTIONS ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
Ms. Alonso is admitted to practice in all Florida courts, the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida and the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Florida.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS & ACTIVITIES
- Appointed by the Florida Bar to serve a three-year term as a member, Vice-Chair and Chair of the Eleventh Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee “M”, with responsibility to investigate possible lawyer misconduct and to determine whether disciplinary action is warranted.
- Federal Bar Association
- Southern District of Florida Bankruptcy Bar Association
- International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation
- Dade County Bar Association
- Cuban American Bar Association
- Coral Gables Bar Association